If you aren't already sad you're not here...you should be. It's awesome. Here's a map of the island with the distilleries on it.

In case you haven't guessed it, Dawn and I found a cybercafe on the island that has WiFi. Where doesn't have a cybercafe these days?
Dawn and I had an awesome dinner last night, I think she mentioned it. Let me take a moment to expound upon what they consider a pie here. They have re-prioritized the normal savory pie a bit. I had the steak pie and Dawn had the venison pie for dinner. What we got was a stew served in a generous puddle of gravy with a wedge of puff pastry on top. They were really good.
Dawn got to drink from a now defunct distillery... Happy Dawns.
Another surprising treat. This small island makes it's own ales as well. There are Islay Ales available at the pubs. They are bottle conditioned so you must be careful not to pour the sediment into your glass.


1 comment:
You have successfully inspired a deep jealousy in me. I hope you guys are having a blast, and it certainly appears you are.
Post a Comment