Friday, August 29, 2008

In preparation for seeking still waters

We are about to embark on an amazing trip. To be honest I have my fears. What if the trip is fantastic? Three weeks of vacationing is a serious amount of time. Quick, what were you doing three weeks ago? Hard to remember, right? That's because it was so very long ago. Is three weeks long enough to break the rhythm and schedule of your life? Perhaps it is. What if that's wonderful? See what I'm getting at? Do you see the danger now? What if this trip spoils my vacation palette? Future trips will be short and bland by comparison. It's a risk, but it's a risk we're going to take. I suppose I'm ready to live today even if it risks damning the future to mediocrity.

So we decided to set up a blog for our trip. Will we have internet access while we're traveling? Who knows. If we do then we may upload our travel log and pictures as we travel. If we don't then this will have been a failed enterprise. Maybe we'll update when we get back. Maybe we won't. There are no promises.

No comments: